Wednesday, August 08, 2007

God! Its 8:25pm and I'm still in the office alone agian. On eve of holiday... I must be *fill in the blanks*

sigh~ theres juz so much things to do for the relaunch. I'm so busy busy busy with work and school to the extend that I've to skip my meals.yah right skip my meals. since when you see me, lover of all good food (both quality and price), starve?! Thats how busy.

oh well I need some nice sparkling liquid. Bam Bam was asking since when I become so yuppies hanging out dempsey. What to do, korkor's new place, Angel Share, is at dempsey. you guys should check this out. It has got this nice alfresco area. Its juz so...so...nice

Talking about dempsey being yuppies invaded, where they spend on over-priced stuff, I do have to agree dempsey is a true blue yuppies heaven. Everything isover-priced while quality is compromised (wow that rhyme). The kopitam-looking Korean place charged $50 for a bento set. Whats in the bento? a chuck of rice, few tiny plates of kimchi and thats about it. Very angry, I dun like to be cheated for food! I paid for good food!

On the high side, Angel's share on the other hand, is valued for money. The wine selection looks decent and price is affordable.

aside to my busy work sch combo, I was hunting for a decent hotel for ping ping who is coming next mth end. Its juz tough to get a decent and affordable hotel. The shortlisted went like this

~ Robertson Quay Hotel
~ Gallery Hotel
~ Albert Court Hotel
~ Hotel 1929
~ Scarlet Hotel
~ The Link @ Tiong Bahru
~ M Hotel
~ Holiday Inn

dah dah dah... to the extend that I even went to check out Hotel 81 and some hotel in Little India.

I gave Hotel 81 Bugis a chance and check out the courtyard room on Monday.

"standard room with courtyard, 1 queen size mattress, outdoor shower and sun deck chair"

When I walked into the courtyard (balcony say balcony lah, give such a marketing term) I saw two sun deck chair which is lovely. Not until I turn right and saw the shower point exposed! Full Monty exposed with no screen which means you are subjected to peeping from the other tall neighbouring buildings while bathing.

So its like free entertainment for your friend sun-tannig at the sun deck chair while you bathing.

Gah! Once a sleazy hotel, always a sleazy hotel. And I thought the positioning gonna be different with different location (like lesser people have sex in town area). Whatever happen to the segmentations, positioning and targetting. Ok this is scaring, I'm applying sch to blogging....

having said that, I managed to find a good decent one - Hangout@MtEmily I totally like the place. so nice, so young and trendy...I'm sure the girls will love this place...

1 comment:

DK said...

Saw this review about Angels Share. Thought you and your brother might be interested. :)

http://fishello.monbloc.com/?p=70