Wednesday, June 04, 2008

first attempt to cook a decent meal

few weeks back, The Man and his colleagues booked a weekend chalet for a family getaway...

We had the unit to ourselves the first night. I decided to surprise him with a good breakfast and lunch.

Its kinda big deal for me, since I don't really know how to cook. My home economics knowledge was down the drain after I finished my Os.

Being a food junkie, I recalled all the images and taste of the food I had before and try to piece everything together.

There isn't a proper kitchen to work with, the only "cooking" area was a small little corner beside the sink. The electric cooker we used for steamboat last night came in quite handy. Luckily it was non-stick, the cooking was without much hassel.

Presenting
爱心早餐 (sunnyside up, french toast, bacon, cheese hotdog and fresh milk)


I firgured out that there will be quite a fair bit of food left over from steamboat so I made claypot noodles minus the claypot.

Its kinda easy, like cooking instand noodles, but I used ikan bilis for the soup base. When the water boiled, threw everything in. Once everything is cooked, I poured in the eggs.

I asked The Man to prep the tables and when I served the noodles, this was the setting...



Its kinda yummy! And of coz The Man finished all the food.

Lately I developed the love for cooking (probably under the influence of Xuan's blog post, but mostly The Man rarely get to taste home cooked food). I experienced mixed feelings of joy, satisfaction and achievement, especially cooking for someone you love, the happiness is doubled :)

For someone who don't even know how to operate a washing machine, I think its kinda achievement. Love do really change a person.

....Upcoming, my attempt for dinner. *smile*

3 comments:

Xuan-er said...

wohoo...way to go....
sometimes, cooking aint too complicated..the most important ingredient is the L...O..V...E! =)

furfur angel said...

yup yup... I've been browsing recipe book more often and asking mama for instructions and tips...

cooking isn't that hard really... its like throwing everything into the wok and make sure its cooked before served. But the catch is to make it taste good.

I find it a challenge using small monies to cook as many dish as possible... I'll show my dinner post last Sat soon.

DK said...

Wah.... your boiboi very lucky leh. :)