Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Discover Malacca

Our dept went over the Malacca for a short weekend. By short I went really short, since its 4hrs up and 4hrs down...

Coach was good and traffic was a breeze. But the weather was a killer, especially lugging "my" trusty crumpler walking 2 traffic lights, cross the bridge to our hotel. Its not wise.

We bumped into first makan place on our list, couldn't resist the temptations. Got to recharge...


Look at the yummy food!!! Tiny rice balls, just the right size for me, still room for other food.


Up next, the true true reason why boss came on this trip...
Chendol!

May I just say this is heaven! The gula melaka is so powerful! This roadside store is right in front of the red house, served by the indian man.

Finally, after miles of walking...we got to our nice hotel


Hotel Puri - the house of Tan Kim Seng. This place is so rich on culture on its own. Its also the same place where they filmed Little Nyonya





this place is just so nice...

We finally checked into the room, washed up a little and out to discover Malacca. Of course we did tourisy stuff to the must visit



Off we went to the local mall for some serious shopping. Girls are uncontrollable when they hit the malls. Fake Eyelahes going at 50% off, thats less than SGD1.50 after conversion, earrings at 20% off - thats SDG$5, when the similar design going at avg $30 at Accessorize.

Dinner at Local favourite Nyonya Restaurant called 亲切, Ole Sayang



I love the prawn in plum sauce, so lovely. The Salted Veg Duck Soup kiss-ass. I wished I brought two stomach along.

We also went to The Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum, a few units away from our hotel.



does this look familar? heehee....

I left the place wanting more to explore, so little time, so much to explore. And of course, I had the most chendol in the entire life I can ever eat.

1 comment:

DK said...

You stayed at Hotel Puri? I was there on the first weekend of Aug and I stayed there too. Nice place.