Tuesday, August 04, 2009

yummy ramen

Personally, I'm not a big fan of ramen. Mostly because, for most of the offering, the soup is not tasty. My special instant noodle recipe can beat any raman hands down anytime.

However my perception of ramen changed totally when The Man brought me to this particular ramen joint. Its now 1 of our usual food joint, especially when you have a craving for powering soupy stuff.

I ordered salty pork ramen. Theres choice of rich or light. Obviously I went for the rich.

complete with a mug of Asahi *perfecto*

The egg is yummy, yolky. The yolk simply sink in between you teeth...soup is heavenly, can imagine the amt of pork loin the chef had to use to make this rich broth. He sure is generous.

other side dish includes
extra serving of chasui, made to perfection! Tender, fatty and flavourful. The fats totally melt in your mouth...hmmmm....


steam gyoza *pardon the bad lighting*

champion!

Another worth mentioning is the fresh spring onion. I'm a fussy-pot for spring onion, especially the diced ones. The Man never fail to give me the eye when I single picked out every diced spring onion in my dish. The not so fresh one has a foul taste. But not the spring onion here. Its so fresh, I finish every single one in my ramen, chasui, gyoza, and The Man's ramen!

The decorations and furnishings are simple and unassuming and the staff are really friendly. This is one place that do not need fancy menus and flashy decorations to attract customers.

mini fan, tissue box, free flow of water...

something you would love to tuck into on a friday night, enduring a whole week of nonsense from work...



Located at:
30 Robertson Quay
#01-05
Operating hours:
Daily: 11.30am - 3pm, 6.30pm - 10pm
Sat-Sun & PH: 6pm - 10pm

No comments: