Thursday, October 14, 2004

2046

Took mc 2day. Didn't go to work. I guess I didn't sleep well last night.

I went to have my hair cut before meeting Michelle to watch wong Kai Wai's 2046.

I had high expectation for this much-awaited movie since there was so much hype on it.

Well, I should say I loved the pictures and the wasy it was shoot. The picture was definetly better than In the Mood of Love. However, the plot was too abstract. OVer dose of Wong Kai Wai. you must be a true Wong Kai Wai fan in order to understand this movie.

2046 is a spin-off from his two previous work - In the mood of Love and Days of Being Wild. The Character played by Carnia Lau and Zhang Zhen was from Days of Being Wild. While Zhou Mu Yun, played by Tony Leung was a continual character from In the Mood of Love. It protray how human are constantly seeking for love. The character Zhou Mu Yun totally protray how men doesn't have the guts to faced his love. The lines by all the characters are simple yet it brings out the agony faced by human beings who are being traumatized by love.

I love the robot character played by Faye Wong. Her body language was superb! Guess she will win the Best Female Lead. I personally don't think Tony Leung have much hope for the Best Male Lead. Though its one of his most satisfied character played so far, but I still think something is missing. Perhaps too much media attention is being placed on the development of the character to the extend where I feel that it has lost its unique touch or x factor.

I'll give 4/5 stars for picture and 3 star for story plot.

No comments: