Monday, October 11, 2004

Today, we went to Pratunam, 10mins walk from Asia Hotel. Its a openair wholesale market. As we were walking around I realize that the clothes theres were very much similar to those we have in Far East and Bugis Village. However, the price is so much cheaper. 1 skirt is only SG 4-5bucks. I bought a lot of bottoms. The tops and tees there are very nice but they were all mirco-mini. The large size is equivilant to our small or medium size which I can't squeeze in.

We went to Suhkumvit for lunch. Theres this Japanese Restaurant at Suhkumvit Thonglor 55 named Oyishi where they served good Japanese food. We had theri buffet lunch. Well, I partically wacked the whole sushi and sashimi bar. The yakkitori and Tepanyakki was also very good. I totally lost control over the sashimi and they are very fresh....

We went back to the hotel to freshen up before heading down to Suan Lum Market again. Since, we were there once, this time round, we concentrate on the things we want to buy and head straight the the store, no more see see look look strategy. Managed to buy quite a number a tees for my friends.

We settled our dinner at one of the Thai Chinese Restaurant located right outside market. The Crab Tanghoon was great. We also ordered Tom Yam soup. It wasn't very good but the seafood was very fresh and juicy especially the flower crab. I realize that the Thai like to use flower crab for their dishes

After dinner, we decided to head down to the Thailand famous red-light district - Patpong. Wow! I must say the transvestite were very beautiful. The guys there have very good complextion, very fair and boyish look. When they smile, they look charming. Too bad they are in the line so, cannot be fool by them. As we walk along the street, we were constantly approach by the pimps to go into the bar to watch the "shows" Some of the door were not fully closed, thus I managed to catch a few glimpse of Bar top dancing and tiger show. It was indeed an eye opening experience.

As we were about to make our way back to the hotel, we stop by a road side stall and tried some of the deep fried grasshoppers and beatles. Only Nancy and I got the guts to try. The grasshoppers were very tasty, like crackers. As for the beatles, they were very gigantic, so I didn't try them. If only, they have baby ones. The rest of the girls were so disgusted by me as I kept asking for more grasshoppers. Its really very nice....

No comments: