Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Today is my last day in Bangkok.

We had American Breakfast in the hotel before heading off fro some last min shopping. We went to Pratunam and Mah Boon Khoong. Managed to buy some more gifts for everybody.

the group went for some Traditional Thai Massage. I opted for the Full body Massage while the rest went fro the foot, shoulder and head massage. It was very relaxing and I fell asleep. Thai Massage is more of pressing and stretching. Very different from Swedish or Balinese Massage. Before we head back to the hotel, I managed to savour another plate of Fried Oyster. I know I'll missed them when I'm back in Singapore.

We went back to the hotel at about 4 plus to pack everything into our luggage. I had 1 full backpack, 1 hang carry (my gym bag) and a plastic bag full of tibits. Mine is still manageable. The rest of them, they had a least 4-5 luggage. Our total checked in luggage was 88kgs. If we group checked in, we were only allowed 90kgs. The rest of the stuff, they didn't managed to pack it in, thus all had to be hand carried. I guessed the massage earlier was of not much help, all went down the drain as now I've to be the coolie and help the rest of them carry their baggage *shake head* What have got myself into???

Our flight was scheduled to be 8:15pm. All of us managed to grab something to eat before boarding the plane. The flight wasn't fully occupied. only about 1/3 full. Anyway, there was this charming guy seating in the same row as me, but was on the other section. He was very tall, at least 1.85 i suppose. spiky hair, sharp nose, the very clean and neat look that I liked. He was alone, nobody was with him. Nah... didn't plan to approach him, or I should say I didn't have the guts to do it. Plus, I haven't got over the previous one.... anyway I was attacked my Z-monster, so I dooze off not long.

The flight touch down safely at about 11:50pm. we head straight to the Duty Free store to get some liquor and beer. I took a cab home. Kor and Ma was waiting for me, I showed ma the end result of my shopping spree, she didn't comeneted much. Juz say that it was very unlike of me to buy so little stuff which I totally agreed with her.

I guess this trip, was more of an intention to get away from all the unhappy stuff which I'm experiencing lately. My intention was to relax and went for some sightseeing. Sadly it wasn't achieved. Nevertheless, being able to get outta the country is better than staying at home...what more can I ask for? I guess I'm more inclined to those beach holiday where you do nothing but juz rot your life away. O0r those where you get to visit the famous places in the world. My whole 5D4N Bangkok trip is juz to shop and eat my life away, the part that I enjoyed the most is the 1/2 tour that we went. Though tiring, but I did managed to grab a lot of cheap and nice clothes back. I guess I wouldn't be shopping in Far East of bugis fro quite some time to think that they got their stuff from Bangkok and mark up the price to 300-400% One the whole, I did enjoyed myself....

No comments: