Saturday, October 09, 2004

We stared the day at 8 am. As our hotel deal didn't include breakfast, so we had to settle our own breakfast. We walked around the neighborhood and finally found this roadside stall selling you zha kwei. It was very crispy and nice. Its not the usual longish one we find in Singapore. The ones on Singapore is about 1/3 of it. The young lady converse to us in mandarin. Amazing! She said that they open the stall at 5 in the morning! Dun be surprise coz in Thailand, hawkers start their day early to avoid the heat in the late morning. Open in 5am *evil grin* thinking of tomorrow's breakfast.

After breakfast, we made our way to Chap Tut Chap. Its very hugh, about 40hec. in area. You can find all sort of things there. Price is still reasonable. I bought surf shorts, skirts and a watch. My oh my! The weather is a killer. The crowd made things worse. I was constantly searching for mineral water. Notice that I mention mineral water? Yes, the water in Thailand is not suitable for consumption. Actually, it can be consume, but I guessed Singaporeans are too kiasee so we are told to only take mineral water. Thank God that I heed my cousins' advice, wear minimum. My whole tank top was soaked wet with my perspiration. We spilt up into 2 groups, Roanna, Stephanie and Poh Lay one group, while Nicole, Nancy and myself another group. After the Chap Tut Cha, pwe proceed to Thailand Cultural Center for lunch.

Once we reach there, we went to Robinson for lunch, again we had to purchase coupons before we can purchase the food. We ordered a few dishes to share. This foodcourt is not very foreigners-prone coz all the food listed on the menu is in Thai which we dun understand at all. Nicole and I were asking each other which stall sell tom yam soup. One of the local overheard our conversation and help us. He spoke pretty good mandarin. Help us ordered what we wanted, very nice of him. Actually the Thai are a friend group of people. Even when they dun understand you, they will flash their colegate teeth and nod. It can be quite frustrating sometimes because when you thought that they got wat you meant, but in actual fact they dun. But I guess that's their culture to be friendly and polite. Oh ya, did I mentioned that they are very soft-spoken?

After lunch, we continued to shop. Went to Carrefour to buy some tom yam, green curry paste. After which, we head down to Robinson. As we were approaching, we saw this mini bike race for kids. All the kids were dressed like a pro racer. Very cute. We stood there to watched for while before heading in to Robinson. We were quite a few mens top. Actually to find a decent and nice mens top, you have to go to departmental stores, those weekend market and roadside store, you can't find anything nice. We also bought a lot of lingerie. Can you imagine in all we spent about 20,000 baht juz on lingerie, which is equivalent S$800+ Scary! All the bras and undies are dirt-cheap. I'm still the sensible one, only bought 2 bras and 5 undies. Oh which, only 2 were mine. So imagine the bras and undies the rest of them bought... I wonder how they pack their luggage...

Following the lingerie shopping, we walked down to the nearby hotel foe its well known Teochew Porridge Buffet. I was starve! Imagine the number of shopping bags I have to carry for the rest of them?! Shake head... we made our way back our hotel to put our stuff before heading out again for shopping... We went to the Suan Lum Market at Lumphini. Its sortta similar as Chap Tut Chap but its much cleaner and organized. We continued buying and bargaining before we drop dead at the roadside cafe before making our way back. Had a quick shower and sunk into my bed. I fell asleep before I know it, by the time I opened my eyes its already 7 am��� I guess Roanna���s snore didn���t have any effect on me.

No comments: