Monday, December 13, 2004

A Purpose Driven Life



Been reading this book call The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

This is an interactive book or so the author say. It is a guide to a 40-day spirtual journet that will enable the reader to discover the answer to life's most important question : What on earth am I here for? So by the end of 40 days, the reader will understaand the big picture - how all the pieces of our life fit together.

The author claims that one reason most books don't transform us is that we are so eager to read the next chapter that, we don't pause and take time to seriously consider what we have just read. We rush to the next chapter without reflecting on what we have just read. So he put us to a little challenge : to only read a chapter a day.

Ironically, after reading for 5 chapters, it answer to the question that has been going through my mind for the past few months. I'm quite taken aback, but still I believe that God's work, that its not pure coincidence.

I really do learn alot from the book, and I want to walk outta that shadow, all those problems that have been bothering me for months...

Once I finish the book, which is 17 January 2005 (praying to keep to the schedule everyday) I'll tell you how this book has tranform me....

No comments: