Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Diminishing Trade

I was on my walk to school this evening when I heard some 敲敲打打sound
Turned around and saw this


Uncle is making a stencil.

Its hand made!


so basically, you juz placed it over to whichever area you want and spray paint over, lke this...


I quite 古洛寡闻, coz I always thought that the cutting is done by machine. Well, he said that not many people know this skill anymore, everything is machine operated now.

He also mentioned that his clientele is very wide, from LTA to SMRT, to even the ah beng contractors.

Then, he asked he I wanna take a pix of him and he pose for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so quaint. where did you take this photo?? i'm sure not many pple do this anymore in singapore.

furfur angel said...

I took this at Jalan Bersah.
The shop is opp. the flea market