Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gen-Y

I was doing research for my assignment, and realize how Gen-Yer I am.

Firstly, to qualify under the category of Gen Y, one has to be born between 1977 to 1994, which obviously I am.

I grew up in a two-income household, with divorce the norm in many homes. We are used to computers at home and in school, are Internet-savvy and are more socially aware of different cultures and ethnic diversity.

We have grown with AIDS, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and economic uncertainty. We are exposed to many significant global social changes like Gulf War and terrorism.

We are characterised by a storng sense of independence and autonomy. We are assertive, slef-reliant, emotionally and intellectually expressive.

We respond to good advertising messages..

Style, freedom, brand concious, status, abortion, trend, surround us.

I am Gen-Y

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how true