Sunday, October 30, 2005

God's work not mine

The road show came to an end with success, though there were some hiccups

I was at church this morn! yup aft missing God's word for almost a year, I went back this morning to recieve from him again.

as much as the past few weeks I was struggling within myself to go for service, I didn't go in the end. for all the same excuses that I've been giving myself....

I made up my choice and work up at 6 in the morning. Actually the morning call from Vincent and alarm started at 6am but I only managed to get up at 6:45am

wash up had breakfast and off I go.

It was a wonderful service.

at 10:25am, devil's work, I checked my mobile and saw 5 missed call and a sms from the agency.

"Tao zi is not coming to S'pore. Urgent! Please call me back at 9xxx xxxx!"

I didn't feel upset, disappointed or panicky. Neither did I left the service and return call.

I was thinking since she didn't catch her flight, there's nothing much I could do now. As much as I can scream and kick a big fuss, I still can't do anything to make her come now.

I put my mobile back into my bag and continue recieving God's word.

I pray to God and told him that I know that if I work, he can't. and man's work is limited. I will sit back and let him solve my problem. I have faith in him that the show will go on smoothly and whatever obstacles that is right in front of me, he will take care of them.

After the service, I called up the agency and true enough, they got everything took care of.

We will be having a live overseas interview with her.

Praise the Lord!

I had lunch, reach the office. During the journey back, I was still thining of some other outstanding stuff that I need to see to.

As it was a Sunday, people from the banquet sale department were not working. I decided to try my luck with the maintenance department and bingo, I got the easel stands.

While I was in the office, I suddenly remembered that I've forgotten to prepare the game material for one of the games.

my dearest colleagues were there to help me.

I truly thank God for all the things that he has done. Even as I back slid against him for the past one year, never did he walked away from me.

I can imagine if I didn't put my trust in him, I would have been toy my the devil's work and would have felt miserable, helpless, useless etc. All the negative ions would have chances to invade me.

It was truely God's work that the show was a success.

******************************

as some may have known that I caught in a love tangle for the past weeks, he answered my question.

Church has distributing their publication call Solid Rock. They recently recoined the Young Adult Ministry to Oasis Ministry.

Pastor Prince's message during the launch of the Ministry was published in the mag, it totally blew me away.

Those question that I've been repeatedly asking myself was all represented in that 3-page article.

The message truely opened a new spectrum for me. How foolish was I blinded with world's context of love, belonging and worth.

Quote from the message:

The true measure of your worth is not an angel, cherub, seraph, prohet nor a man of God. The true measure of your worth is God's own son - Jesus Christ HImself! God didn't give up an angel to die for you. He gave up His own Son! So God judges your values based on Jesus. That means you are priceless! You are of great value to God! So value yourself likewise!

1 comment:

cybeRanger said...

May our Heavenly Father bless you greatly and use you mightily for His glory!

In Christ,
cybeRanger