Friday, October 07, 2005

KL Trip

Warning: A CRAZY AMOUNT OF PHOTOS! It is so much, it will suck up all the bandwidth in the world, leaving a void meaningless black hole behind. Escape now if you are one of those backward people with limited bandwidth per month!

Where got people still use dail up 56K modem ?! Loser!

Finally I found time to pen down my KL trip. (exactly 1 week from my trip)

So here goes.

Woke up early at 6am with a super blur fucked look. The 2 hours of sleep wasn't enough. I did some last minute packing and off to catch the coach at Le Meridian Hotel.

Got a missed call alert and a sms from Kel which read "Dun tell me you are still sleeping..."

Girl, if I was still sleeping, by the time I read that, it would be too late...

I woke up early okey?!

Anyway our coach was a luxurious Double Decker. Tour agency is Luxury, confirm coach also luxurious lah! Woooo.... Early morning lame cold jokes....

So its "I'm leaving on a jet place… don’t know when I'll ba back again" *stop disc. "I'm leaving on a coach, will be back on Sunday night"

Wats wrong with me?! Guess is the 2 hours sleep thus I need some self entertainment to keep myself awake!

We took the 2nd linkway which was a brisk! We cleared the M'sia custom before 9am.

First stop, was to Yong Peng. Images of the dirty, smelly, disgusting toilet start flashing across.

I got a total shock. They revamped the whole place.

Gone are the filthy and disgusting toilets where you are greeted with the puking smell miles away before even reached.

Gone are those wooden folded tables and uneven metal chairs.

Gone are those houseflies, no matter how you shun them away, they won't moved.

It’s a much cleaner, neater and organized!


Tadah! Like food court right?!

I’m impressed!

We had sucky fake Ramly burger which the pacik forgotten the spicy power. Yuck! Cheat my money!

We continued our journey with another toilet break. Yes I’m impressed with the overall cleanliness.

When I board the coach in the morning, I was telling Kel that I won't step into any of the toilet along the journey coz the toilets are damn dirty. And if nature calls need to be answered, I would tahan till hotel.

M’sia really redeemed themselves after years of complain.

We checked into Hotel Istana, 5-star hotel. Room was great. View was great. We washed up and photo whore a while before heading out for SHOPPING






View from our room.

Shopping was concentrated at Jalan Bukit Bintang area like Sungei Wang, BB Plaza, Lot 10, Starhill Gallery and etc.

Guess my favourite shopping mall throughout the whole trip has got to be Sungei Wang. That’s like tons of things to buy! I bought my boots, jackets, tubes, ear rings, bracelets and heels there. The discounts were great!

We also went to areas like Mid Valley Mega Mall, Chinatown, Suria KLCC, and KL Plaza

When they say Mega Mall, its really mega mall. Every shopping mall is like at least 6-7 storey. area is like at least 2 taka combined together. They have wide variety og goods. Kaoz! S'pore shopping malls are really thumbed down.

I'm sure you girls heard abt VNC, there is this store call NOSE, their selection of footwear is great! I nearly lugged everything back.

We found this store call Girls. Everything there is so PINK! Kel said its very me. No its not! FYI, I dun really like pink. But, things there aren't cheap. wanted to buy a pair of hairclips for baby, but after the conversion, not much difference from S'pore.


Astro & Hitz.tv having their 2nd birthday bash outside KL PLaza

Amusement park is within the shopping mall, how nice...



The roller coaster was too fast for me too catch.

We didn't try the rides as we just has lunch. I dun wanna puke thru the ride. So unglam!

Overall shopping was great except Chinatown! The si hiam zai (I heard that's how they call their ah beng) damn low.

Si Hiam Zai (SHZ): Xiao Jie, wanan buy clothes?
We: dun bother to turn ard and reply, and walked off
Si HIam Zai: Xiao jie, turn around lehz, I’m talking to you.
We: continued to walked off
Si Hiam Zai: Xxxiiiiaaaoooo Jieeeee…..

Both of us held hands when we cruise thru the street, and this is what I heard

SHZ 1 to SHZ 2 (in Cantonese): See, lesbian! Such a pity so pretty, become lesbian

I turned around, gave them a dirty look and walked off.

Wats wrong with this people? Anyway, we didn’t stayed them for long due to the ugliness of the SHZ, not much variety of goods, pricy goods, flooded with branded goods.

But, Chinatown redeemed itself with the yummy food. We had claypot rice, BBQ stingray. Others like Ipoh horfun (near the popular bookstore), is good I heard.

There are a lot of buskers along the street. So we were munching yummy claypot rice, spicy stingray while listening the Hotel California. East meets west!

Those who are going food yummy food can try places like Jalan Alor, Jalan Imbi,

We had champion noodle at Jalan Imbi (that’s how David term them)

Do take note that there are 2 stalls of the similar name. This is the signboard of the correct stall.


I think it should be 炒饭 instead of 炒粉


Chief preparing our champion noodles


the finish work... Look at the prawns, this is their small prawns. pls tell me what is big prawns???

Its quite easy to navigate with the maps if you know the street name. If you are somewhere near and can’t find, ask around, people there are very helpful or you can use your instinct, whichever stall is the most crowded, that’s the one.

Oh ya! There is chia siew place at this street Tengkat Tung Sin. Its behind Jalan Alor highly recommended by Bam.

Ai yo, the chia siew really can die for! I worship them!

So tender, so fatty, so sticky! I've never eaten such mouth watering chia siew before. Even those from Tunk Lok can't compair.

Please rem to visit them when u are there. Do note that they only operate in the day. so its better to go there for lunch. The store is inside a corner kopitam. When you walk into the street sure can find them.

There is also a beef noodle store opposite them. I suspect its quite good coz its damn crowded. Whoever, going there, pls try and feedback ah.

We found along the road... Use coins, so old school right??!! Cascard?! sorri neber hear bfour hor.


We wanted to go to Jalan Alor to try the roadside stalls. Unfortunately, we didn’t go as the second night was raining so we settled with Indian food near our hotel. Its called Eskana Indian Food. The tandoori and Masala Fish, shoick!!!

Clubbing in KL, well, for those who intend to visit Zouk KL, I would suggest you don’t waste your fucking time! Its disappointing! Velvet was still alright, a mere pass.

Zouk? Fail! -50 points!

The crowd sucks! The DJs sucks which resulted in sucky music! Why bother to have 5 DJs at the DJ counter yet none can play a decent number?!

The place was flooded with non Chinese.

Dance with all the fancy hand movement. The whole place only remind me of Canto and Sparks.

Never in my life have I clubbed for only approximate 3hrs and left. (We reached there at 11 plus and left before 2)


wah lau eh, we doll ourselves up for Zouk, this is what we get?! Unfair!!!

We went to Jalan P Ramlee, where all the pubs and clubs are located. Dave told me that should go to this place call Thai Club which was alright. Music was acceptable.

BUT.... The DJ damn sleazy. Whole night was saying LJ and CB.

DJ: Alright everybody, you are having a contest. Winner will get “Chocolate Banana Ice-cream” whahahahah~!~!~

Funny? I dun think so lah dey!

The crowd there quite rowdy! They just pushed their way thru without opening their mouth to say execuse me.

There was this guy held 2 rock glass and came forward and offered us a drink. While the rest of the guys juz stood there and watch what happened next.

Do you think we would be so dumb to drink them?!

The DJ ask if there was any lesbian around, we put up our hands and that was it. No one came forward to us and left us all alone to enjoy. Until much later this group of guys came forward to intro themselves. They sure dun speak like M'sian. They spoke good english. Impressed!

Drinks there were about the same price over here. 1 Jug of draft beer is abt S$23.

We ordered 1 jug, finished and order the 2nd Jug. Stoopid Bartender wanted us to ordered 2 jugs. When we told him that we can't finish, he offered to help.

WHy would I waste $$$ on you?! Dream on~~~

People at the club really got no dress sense.... Apply to both male and female.

By the way, I think the guys there are pathetic. Throughout the 3 days there, I only saw like 3 good looking ones, and one of them is a tourist. So strictly speaking only 2.

We went to the twin tower.

Nah we didn’t get to go up to the sky bridge. Tickets were all given out. We were so determined to go the next day that we set the alarm at 6:45am and morning call at 6:45 and 6:50am

End result, we slept thru again due to partying from the night before.


no more tickets


so sad! we can't go up there, sorry guys no city view for all of you.


nbm, take pix from the ground floor also the same...


Twin Tower - 1


Twin Tower - 2


Twin Tower - 3 taken from the cab as we leave the place. Artistic rite?! Its taken with a shitty digicam. Must be the skill of the photographer. *happy*

KL also has a lot of shops that we used to have like these...


Yummy Dunkin Donuts, I like. I miss them. They were by me during my bball training days at the CC



Brought back all the good old memories.

The disaster after 3D2N...


Photo whoring continue...

Ispired by 1 of the epi from America Next Top Model, I took this with my new boots

I told Kel to give me a ***** look and this is what happens...


I shall help the tour agency to do a little promo here. Luxury Tour from Le Meridian hotel. Good service. Throughout the journey they played Coach Carter adn Herbie to keep up entertained. Serve us with water and food (cream bun for breakfast) the Tour guide was very helpful and friendly. To think that we paid S$149 for a 3D2N package (5 star hotel + return coach). Its was money well spent.

I guess on the whole the trip was fun but tiring. It was a great company. Though its pretty much like Singapore. But heck, everything is in ringgit, so its a good reason to go.

As for the cabbies there, they are alright. If you can speak cantonese, it would be a bonus. My dear partner felt so left out coz she dun really understand Cantonese. Even during shopping when the sale person spoke to her in Cantonese. So, I've have to be her translator. :)

Throughout the journey, I friendly with the cabby, gave me tips where to visit and where the good food were. He even told me the maximum to pay when we are going back should the cabby ask for a flat rate. Good old man!

All cabby charge flat rate on Fridays and Saturday. Seldom you will find those go by meter. But some do, like in my case, when we were going to Chinatown. We were lucky! He said we are chinese so he go by meter. If me are ang mo, den it would be flat rate.

As I promised on Thursday before I left, my entry will definetly not be titled "KL pretty much sucks"

Thank God! I armed myself with all the neccessary info. Thanks to Bam, David, and Dave. Also, Kel, thats for the great company! hugz...

No comments: