Friday, December 22, 2006

of drinking and hokkien

the other day all of us were caught in the rain.
and with 200 people in the taxi queue, we decided to bum at Mcdees and wait for my dear bro to pick me up.

so we yadah-yadah-yadah...

FA: *sigh* I think I'm getting old....lately I need to recuperate for two days before I get half my soul back. I think I should cut down on drinking...

Everyone laughed!!!!

=_=

AnTe: If you say you wanna stop fagging, I would have believed you, quit drinking?! Who are you trying to kid?!

and they continued laughing!!!

WLE! I said cut down not quit!
hello?! at least I survived last weekend alcohol free!

jokes aside...I really meant it. Of all the boozing, its really eating up my energy. I feel half dead the next day, and for the next 24hrs, I refused to move my ass off the sofa despite the fact that telly is staring at me...I juz dun feel like soing anything...

yesh! I love my Mr. A, but too much of him/her in my life in no good lah deh! My mind can't really function well...and I can't afford to make mistakes...

thought you people are suppose to support me?!

*********
as all may know that I dun really speak Hokkien.
when pple starts speaking to me in the dialect, I get nervous, giddy and donch know how to react. I would normally smiled and nod my head.
My friends accept the way I am and thats about it.
Seriously my mixed heritage is getting me no where...

BUT...
of all these years that I can't speak the dialect, Sunday was the final draw...
I made up my mind! I wanna learn HOKKIEN!
and my Ah Beng Boy Friends (ABBF) and Ah Lian Girl Friends (ALGF) are gonna teach me.

I was helping ABBF at his place when this uncle came over and start speaking to me in hokkien. I smiled at him and starting speaking to him in Cantonese. *Natural reaction*

Man! He must have lifelong hatred for Cantonese coz the more I speak to him, the louder he gets. By this time, he was creating a scene...

Thank God my ABBF came back and solved the whole issue.

I asked ABFF wat the heow the uncle was saying, he smiled and said "Lets juz say, the whole "conversation" was filled with colourful and descriptive words"

tamade!
How could I smiled like an idiot to someone when the fucker was swearing at me?!

that was the final draw! I told ABFF to impart his lifelong knowledge of the dialect to watashi!

I'm so gonna be a true 台妹

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cantonese to Hokkien? Unless both parties know the dialects.

Never managed to understand Cantonese

Next to that is my failure to understand my own dialect -_-|||

Anonymous said...

Really enjoy reading your Blog~~ so funny haha..... this is like a chicken talking to a duck lolx...

Passerby

AnTe said...

Come la... I teach u... Hokkien cum Mahjong... They go hand in hand, feet with feet :P