Thursday, June 07, 2007

i'm recovering

dun worry people...and thanks for the phonecalls/sms/emails/msn/comments, I'm doing better

My experience with the clinic was a great one...

since the company adopted this policy that one visit to the appointed list of doctor is claimable, I've got no choice but the ditch my usual GP and opt for one from the list, which happen to be across my block.

Feeling terrible, I called the clinic to get a queue no. and was informed to be there in an hour time.

As told, I dragged myself there only to find out that there are 6 people in front of me in the queue. I sat at one corner alone, shivering. The feeling of 坐也不是站也不是.

you know what.... 老娘 waited for 1 hour before its my turn!!!

Which means that if I didn't called up early, I could have waited for 2 hours!

Doc asked me whats wrong with me....Whats wrong with me...

"I should be asking whats wrong with YOU! Why are you taking such a long time to call the next patient? Don't you know that theres at least 10 patient waiting outside and everyone is feeling terrible????!!!"

He kept quiet and did the usual examination. I asked for a jab but he refuse to give me. Even when I told him that I've got a history of tonsilities, especially if its swollen like quail eggs, only a jab can make bring down the temperature.

Still he refuse...alright maybe I'm not medically trained, I should not argue with him

I got so pissed off and simply walked out. I waited outside for the medicine. You know what, they make me wait for 15 mins, where they are 2 staff at the counter.

This is getting on my nerve. I took the medication and gave the staff some thrasing with my 杀鸡 voice...sigh~ I can't even make out what I'm trying to say

Tell me whats wrong with these people? Are they really that shorthanded? Is it so difficult to get 4 packs of medicine? I'm not the only one complaining...there was this lady who came by to buy medicine and she waited 1/2 hr. 1/2hr juz to buy cough syrup.

I went back, feeling no better, temperature still within the 38-39C range. The next morning I had to go back to my usual GP. I showed him the medication the previous doc gave me only to find out that those are normal precriptive. Mine is such a serve case, such medication won't help.
GREAT! I could have been spared by one whole night of suffering. Doc gave me a jab and walah true enough the fever gone down....

seriously, I dun understand why companies would wanna adopt have appointed doctors policy? Its also capped at $30 and there no other benefits...I pity those staying at ulu places. Can you imagine when you are dead sick, you still have to drag yourself to the appointed doc, which might be within walking distant from your home. risking the fact that you might not heal as fast as the doc is not aware of your medical history.

so much of a staff benefit...

3 comments:

eisburg said...

Those clinics are harder to get MC. The point is to cut down mc rate for the company.

Look at the bright side at least you can claim $30. I can only claim $10 if it's from those private clinics.

Anonymous said...

I had the following from the few companies I worked for:
1) Take medical chit from company & no need to pay (oni for company appointed) but must go company even when sick. MC is no gaurantee coz HR control.

2) Claim $14 (max 3 times per year) for other clinics.

3) Just go company appointed clinics and show staff pass. No need to pay.

4) $20 medical allowance, go any clinic, no cap.

Other cases I have heard from my friends is that they can claim max $10 per consultation claimable only if they go polyclinic. Each year, can claim that amount 3 times.

Another friend can claim half of the total consultation, capped at $14 and max 3 times per year.

Your $30 is one of the best I've heard so far. Is there a cap limit?

Xuan-er said...

glad you're doing betters