Friday, February 17, 2006

Preferential treatment?

I juz spoke to a sale executive from a local media owner.
Exploring to advertise in their magazine.

the usual presentation-rate card-package-PR routine.

and so I realize that the local merchants really suck the expat dry.

Most rely on expat as thats where their main bulk of business come from.

so my vendor was quoting one of her client, whose wine shop in located at dempsey road, that they don't need the local to patronize. In fact they don't welcome them. They only need the expats as they have high spending power.

kinda pissed me off!

I seriously don't understand why the local server/merchant are sucking up to the expats.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them.

We locals are here, here as in HERE, read it!
We live here, breath the same air as you.
But the expats?
How long are they staying here?
1 year? 2 years?
Sooner or later, they will return to where they come from.

Why treat the local and expats differently?
Yes I do agree that they have high spending power,
but surely you don'y need to belittle the local.

and yes I'll boycott that wine shop in dempsey (if you know which one I'm refering to) Seriously, the wine are ridiculously priced! The percent they marked up, I wanna kill them. Service is also bad. Moreover, the label there aren't fantastic.

If you need to purchase in bulk or for personal consumption, I can get it at a better rate.

And for those expats, please, for goodness sake, dun pay for overpriced furniture. The cost price is really low.

No comments: