Friday, March 24, 2006

My HK trip - Day 1

After constant bugging of 2 years to visit HK, I finally went on 9 Mar 06 (ok I took quite long to post this entry)

my 5days HK tour was spent with mummy, aunties and cousins.

The day started early at 5:00am, we have a early flight to catch, 6:45am with JetstarAsia.

Since ValueAir recently merge with them, we took the ugly ValurAir aircraft. Its alright, there still a return, which I didn't look forward. *WLE haven reached thinking of coming back le* WRONG! the return aircraft was also from ValueAir duhz!


the 6 of us touched down safely.

Bought the 3-Day Tourist Pass which has 2 way Airport Express transfer, unlimited times of MTR ride and HKD20 store value. The lady was very helpful... told us to get the booklet from the standee and we will each get HKD30 discount...

WE hopped on to the Airport Express to HongKong Island to change to MTR to reach Wanchai, our "apartment".



I'm starting to get a little irritated as my luggage is damn heavy.... NO! I didn't lug my entire wardrobe but the luggage itself is damn heavy...

We reached our "apartment" and boy, we are overwhelmed! Its a connecting room....execpt that its damn small, worn down & smelly. Comparable to those in geylang... Big big regret! No wonder its only SGD50/nite. Shite! I shld have realized that. I've shld have shot a few pix and share it with u guys.

Anyway we were too hungry to think...went lunching and proceed onto HK Convention Center to see the Golden Bauhinia - to mark the establishment of the Hong Kong Special administative region







Till now we are still very disturbed by our "aparrtment" specially my aunty. So we decided to try our luck again. (back in s'pore when I check, all the hotel are fully booked due to the exhibition) Thank God! we found Stanford Hillview at 尖沙咀. Its about 15 mins walk from the MTR.

We quickly went back to our "apartment" and came up with the lamest excuse to the owner - we bump into our HK friend juz now and he invited us to stay at his place.

Like hello~~~ if you have a HK frd, why didn't arrange accomodation with him earlier? Anyway I couldn't be bothered since I reckon that I won't meet this uncle in my entire life. We paid hin the $$$ for room and fleed for our life!

All of us are so looking forward to our hotel!!! Execpt that we couldn't find our hotel. When we ask around, no1 knows. How can that be possible. I mean come on~ you ask any s'porean where is Mandarin Hotel, EVERYONE knows! Hongkonger are so selfish.

My map reading knowledge from my girl guide/scouting days came in handy. By this time I donned a super duper black face coz the luggage is FUCKING heavy! My dearest mummy trying to be helpful offering her help made things worse.

We finally found Observatory Road off Knutsford Terrance where the hotel is located. OMG! The hotel is located at the top of a VERY steep slop. I start to curse and swear at the City Development Board pple of HK. Pea brain they have! U have to agreed with me as later on in the days as we venture ard, most of the road are very steep...

Cut the story short.... we finally check in and dump all our heavy luggage and dive into the comfy and clean beds!!!!

We made our way to Avenue of the stars and guess what... the first palm print I found was this:



Coincidental? I doubt so... Its unexplainable...

and since he is nominated as the ambassador for HK Tourism Board, how can I slip the chances of taking a pix with him???


with his standee I meant....





We proceed onto have our dinner at this place call Macau Eating Place. They serve delicious Curry, Ee mee, big stalk of kailan, and by big stalk I meant real BIG stalks.

Next up to The Peak via the Peak Tram.




View was alright lah....


We headed back to hotel... too tired to move....

1 comment:

eisburg said...

Left for HK on my BDAY! Regret I didn't join you.