Saturday, March 25, 2006

My HK trip - Day 3

Again we woke up early, like 5:00am

We are going to Lantau Island to see the magnificent 250tonnes Buddha

MTR and a 40min bus ride. Everyone snooze on the bus except me.
Had to keep a look out for the stop to alight.
Only to realize that the Buddha is at the bus terminal.
Damn! *^&*%^$&^)

I is hero of the day. Didn't bring my jacket along.
With the experience of past 2 days, I thought 2day was the same.
But the morning wind, kinda cold lah....but still bearable.
Thanks to the "training" I had from my ex-company.

Again we were 1/2hr early, so we decided to place our order for the vegetarian food at Po Lin Monastery, 5mins walk from the Terminal.
Taking the pix of the surrounding...


Di Tan

ok I cheater bug, this was taken went I was making my way down...

Finally the gates were opened at 09:30am


The majestic figure of the seated Buddha (or Tian Tan) is 34 metres high, was cast in China and took 10 years to complete. Weighing 220 tonnes, it was unveiled in 1993 amid deep religious ceremonies.

Climbing the 265steps


Finally, we reached and took a tour inside the gallery where I saw the altar of the late Anita Mui Yen Fong

After some photo-taking session, we made our way down for the lunch - vegetarian food


Oh.. this is the scene you will probably see in a lot of HK drama.


On our way down, I saw this lady doing the 3steps 1 kowtau & pray. Mummy say she probably made some big wish, it came true, so she came back here to return her wish... so to speak....





warpping up, we made our way to 皇后大道西 (off 上环 MTR) to get the medicated oil recommended by my aunty's colleague. Apparently, its very good for aches and pain. You can only get it from this particular shop as they dun have any distributer in the whole of HK.

We ask around for direction, and no one helped us. Even when we called the shop, they asked us to ask around for direction. Selfish pple! Pui!!!
We bought a big box, abt 50 over bottle! Reckon that aft all the hard work of searching, must get more bottles.

Of coz, mummy flaunt her art of suaning to the owner...

We had afternoon tea in their 茶餐厅 before mummy made a kill for shopping.... for 海味.


My big Crumpler was packed with 海味 and lugged 4 big bags full of 海味 in my hands...
She almost bought the whole street back. Its was too cheap to resist the offer...

Everone was exhuasted! Went back to hotel to dump all all the 海味 and had a simple dinner...before my cousins and I went our for more shopping....Bought stuff like Tong Leung DVD (past title). Very cheap, abt $5 for a original DVD and best its in cantonese!!! some clothing and thats abt it...

I wanted to go Lan Kwai Fong, but they were too young...so I drop the idea...

No comments: