Wednesday, March 28, 2007

using extreme methods....

sometimes you have to be a bitch in order to get things settled...

my episode with P insurance company and insurance advisor escalate to new heights...

you see one month ago, I told him that I wanted to surrender all the policy and ask for the returns that I've made during the insured period. He adviced on the earnings but not on the procedure to terminate...

and so I went to terminate my GIRO transaction. For the past 1 month, I've been receiving endless invoice from the company and last Thurs was the last draw. I called him and was told that I can't terminate over the phone. I have to personally bring down all the documents to their HQ.

FA: Can you do all the neccessary paper work for me.
Inefficient Insurance Advisor (IIA): I'm very busy this week, a lot of appointments. I'll call you when I'm free next week...
FA: *furious and super DL* ok, so when are you going to call me?
IIA: erm... Wed

anyway to cut the story short... in the end he couldn't meet up with me. Instead, he will email the forms, and I'll have to fill up and forward back all the documents to P Insurance Company.

the final sms I sent to him

"The reason for me insisting to meet up with you is because I want to close the chapter once and for all. Telling me that you have a lot of appointments and is busying running around... are you trying to tell me that I'm not your client? or because I'm surrendering the policy thus I'm less important that your prospect? If thats the case, it only speaks so much about a senior advisor, let alone P insurance :) "

IIA: ok see you this Friday.

5 comments:

eisburg said...

That's poor service. Even though you are not going to carry on the policy, that's no way to treat a client.

That just brings me to another story. Guess it's happening all around. Things turn ugly when you want to terminate policy.

eisburg said...

Don't know how to create links in blogs. Any here's the story. I think it's time I go and pester those that's earning my money and not doing any updating on my policy as well.

http://twinkythots.wordpress.com/2007/03/21/ugly-side-shown/

Anonymous said...

Commented in wrong entry -_-|||

What I do know is that when a customer decides to terminate a policy, the agents are not pleased. Most will try to ask you why and pressure you into answering why.

The nasty ones will lodge a complaint if they find out that you transfered your policies to another agent and they will complain to some ministry or something to make life difficult.

The agents will try to delay the surrendering of the policies. The only one policy that I terminated without a hitch, had a smooth process. The cheque was given within a week.

furfur angel said...

jie>> I guess buying insurance is like dating lorhz... its either you get the real good catch else its asshole!

wishbone>> I totally gave up on P Insurance Company. I've changed to A Insurance Company. The plans are so much better and the agent rocks!

Anonymous said...

do for me