Friday, November 05, 2004

I sneaked out from the office yesterday and went to the Wine for Asia exhibition at Singapore Expo. Met my event managers for my furniture show held in Sept. We had such a great time chatting, gossiping and tasting the wine. Those award winning wines by Decanter and Miundus Vini were good.

however some of the wines were very young. Vintage mainly from 2002-2004. The organizer explained that its teh culture of Asian as normally they can't wait to drink the wine once they bought it so those wine that the exhibitors bring in is mostly young wine.

Its quite disappointing they do not have my favourite Cloudy Bay. But, on the whole the wines over there were good.

Kor and his colleagues, Thomas and Raymond was there too. So since Kor is a sommelier, I naturally followed him around to taste the wines. Its the first time I see him behaving so professionally. I mean you look at his facial expression when he taste the wines, damn pro. They saw a few of their suppliers over at the exhibitions. When introduced, they were shocked to find out that Kor and me are blood related siblings. Of coz, all were saying that we both look alike, as though we were photocopied. *roll eyes* Thats the usual comments we get so I'm pretty used to that. It seems that kor is very popular with the suppliers, coz everywhere we walked, we hear people calling his name and the same old thing again on how we looked alike.

Rosalyn, Serene and Sharon, my events managers were teasting me of haivng such a "kheng" brother. Knowing how to taste wine etc. Of coz I juz smiled. Of coz they did asked him which are the good wines...

When I look at him talking, I feel the comfort that finally there is one thing that he is capable of and not rot his life away.

While he was talking to them, I had a good chat with Thomas and Raymond and as usual they like to tease me. Saying since when I know how to taste wine. Oh ya! Thomas and Adeline getting registered next Friday. So I'm invited to ROM ceremony which I'm afraid I'll not be able to make it since its in the afternoon and I've got to work. Probably will join them aft work for the party.

I started drinking at about 2pm so by the time we left the place at about 6, I was a little high. We went to Club Chinois as Raymong got to go back and work while kor was meeting Eric there. As usual, the moment Ricky saw me, he start his nonsense again. SOmetimes I wonder, why am I always the target. I've already kept my mounth shut when I'm around them yet I still get shot. Do I have the come-snoke-me face?! Of coz I know they meant no harm and theres no personal attack. Whats importtant is that, at the end of the day, all of them dote on me...

Hmm... I'm thinking of the Tim Sum buffet they serve during Sunday and I'm drooling *slurp* oe of these days, I should go back there again....

No comments: