Saturday, October 07, 2006

Dragonfly 蜻蜓

since my undecided act, my pure blondie jio-ed me to the nightspot which is currently in THE limelight.

I is angryness!
Why am I not on their mailing list?
Or should I say why am I not given the membership?
HUH? WHY?
But this also goes to show that I am not the cheongster that you guys have labelled me!
And to prove my claim, I recently threw out a few club membership card from my bill holder coz these club have closed since the last time I visited them...

Anyway this was the invite that they have forgotten to snail mail to me!


But hor.... I want to KPKB on Sakae Sushi @ Habourfront!
It sucks big time!
The service was so bad that I have to tell the server off!
The food was not fresh!

my pinkish white maguro sashimi pui!

Oh! By the way, they served this without the lid and lime, and the small little cup that we drank from, doubled as the lid as well.
huh?!


sigh! give me Sushi Tei any day and I'll luff you deep deep!

we also check out the over hype mall, where the bangladesh workers were working their ass off!


And so we were at Dragonfly...where the queue was long! But at least it was moving unlike those from the previous limelight nitespot which the queue was insane.


so the invites wasn't that exclusive after all, coz later this super beng-ish guy came towards us and wanted to bring us in, and when the bouncer refused, he said we were his sisters!

HUH?! But wat the heow! We juz want to go IN!

The very first time when I came to know that its gonna be called Dragonfly, this came flashing in my mind...
飞呀飞呀
看那红色蜻蜓飞在蓝色天空
游戏在风中不断追逐它的梦
天空是永恒的家大地就是它的王国
飞翔是生活


but why the name when there clearly isn't any dragonfly / dragonfly-like thingy on display except some white cylindrical stuff hanging in mid air, which I suspect was the leftover from renovation...


There we had some of the "well known" singers entertaining us and also the QUEEN band...
I was pinched on the cheeks for no apparent reason...dun ask me why.

The service was BAD! Coz we order from the server and he conveniently forgotten the order and when I ordered from the bar, they made me wait for 20mins and still no drinks!

End up I had to speak in my fake ang moh accent to the manager, which he served me right away! So its either he has good customer service or the people there are suckers for ang moh/ABCs thinking that they have the $$$ to spend!

But its their soft launch on that day, so can't ask much lahz huh...

Its not a bad place to chill afterall.
OPs who needs a decent place to drink and enjoy the performance of the band, check this place.

6 comments:

DK said...

Maybe the server is inexperienced and lost you ba. Or they too crowded that day.

Unknown said...

dun complain so much lah.. at least you got to see the place first before the rest of singapore does... btw, I'm not chiongster too.. I just "happened" to have the invite sent to me. Haha. =P

furfur angel said...

thats true! I've darling friends!

oh by the way, I think he is leaving St James...

Unknown said...

so fast????? leaving the band or leaving the place?

furfur angel said...

I dunno lehz... I guess shld be leaving the place bah, he is very close to the band.

eisburg said...

It's been like donkey years since I last been to any clubs.

Think I'm going to 'upgrade' to the kopitiam down stairs with all the uncles and taxi drivers.

"Give that man a Beer man"