Thursday, August 25, 2005

future?

Whats my future gonna be?

should I move on or stay on?

move on to where?

I got no idea who I want to be

When we are young, the most common composition topic - am ambition

never did I once sat down and gave it a thought. How do I hand in the assignment? I wrote on a safe topic like: I want to be a teacher, I want to be a nurse, I want to be a policewoman.

Yes! Its boring but I never fail to fetch a grade A.

When I finish O's I didn't know what course to take. I only knew I wanted to enrol myself into a poly, for the fact that 1) I didn't want to start working and 2) JC are for geeks and boring pple.

Back then, poly was THE place to be.

So what course to take? Since I didn't do well, I'm only left with Engineering and IT courses. I hate electronics, mechatronics, IT so I'm left with Building Technology and Quality Engineering.

No, I didn't want to QC, so I choose Building Technology.

My grades weren't that great, but still I manage to pass every semester without to re-paper.

So, grad from poly, wanted to start work coz I was very broke. I temp in a cafe for 3mths and became desperate so I accepted any building related job.

1st job survived for 17mths before I switched to a total different field and stayed for 1yr. Got promoted and transfer to another department - my current position.

Honestly, I never know what I wanted as my career although I give my best shot for every assignment I undertake.

Even when I wanted to further my studies in uni, I didn't know what to take.

I'm at a junction, to stay put and complete with my upcoming promotion or to take on another challenge.

I've to make a choice

No comments: